Leave your seat and join the band…
Millions of people play music when they’re young but set it aside while they create families and careers. As they get older and miss the joys of making and sharing music, where can they turn for inspiration and ideas so they can bring music back into their lives?
If you want to return to music—or take it up anew— I can help you take your next step, whether you play jazz, roots, classical, or rock. You'll become a better musician, with hundreds of tips on practicing, singing, jamming, enjoying adult music camps, gigging, and recording. Learn how to bring more music to your community too. Most importantly, discover how music can help you live and age well.
Making Music For Life “is a doorway into the endless joys of making music, for everyone at any age.”
~Bernard Holland, music critic emeritus, New York Times
Support our local bookstores! Pick up a copy at:
- Charlottesville's Daily Progress: "Author Aims to Help Lapsed Musicians Get Back into the Groove"
- Richmond Magazine: "The Perfect Strum"
- Bass Musician: "Interview with Bassist and Author Gayla Mills"
- Bluegrass Unlimited: "Making Music for Life"
- Boomer Magazine: "Books for Baby Boomer Readers"